Prove your knowledge and expertise as a Special Needs Trust (SNT) Administrator. The SNT Management Certificate shows that you are knowledgeable and committed to your profession.
The exam tests knowledge on:
- The Individual and Available Resources
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Trustee Responsibilities
- Public Benefit Programs
- Types of SNTs
- Appropriate Disbursements
- Taxation and Income Sources
- Rights and Benefits
Click here for the complete list of core competencies covered on the exam.
This program is a convenient self-study, with an easy to access online self-administered exam.
Click here for a list of helpful study and reference materials.
Click here to review the Rules and Regulations and to confirm your eligibility. All applicants must adhere to the rules and regulations to maintain their certificate.
Take the exam at your convenience from your office or at home!
CGC does not proctor the examination; and study materials may be used during the test.
- Complete the online application
- Submit payment – $125.00 (USD)
- Plan to take the 2-hour exam within 30 days of your payment submission
- Successful candidates can immediately generate a certificate of completion and a digital badge for use on promotional materials.
Click here to begin the application process. NOTE: This will take you to a third-party website contracted by CGC to administer the application and examination processes.
Promote Your Achievement
CGC’s SNT Management Certificate is a marketable credential that is a real value add to any resume. With successful completion of the exam, you receive a SNT Management Certificate and a digital badge. The CGC SNT Management Certificate* is valid for three years from the date the examination is successfully passed.
This program is open to anyone who provides administration of Special Needs Trusts.
- Conservators and Fiduciaries
- Elder Law Attorneys
- Family Trustees
- Financial Planners
- Office Professionals
- Trust Administrators
* This program does not provide a certification in special needs trust administration and does not qualify you for appointment as a certified guardian. Instead, successful applicants receive a SNT Management Certificate from CGC. Click here for the Rules and Regulations governing this program. All applicants must adhere to the rules and regulations to maintain their certificate. For more information on CGC Certification programs, click here.
What if I don’t pass the exam? Applicants must wait seven days between exam dates before logging back in to your account to submit an exam payment and to retake the SNT Management Certificate exam.